MA, Shakespeare Studies — 2016
King’s College London and Shakespeare’s Globe
BA, English Literature — 2015
The Ohio State University
- First reader, Strange Horizons – A Magazine of Speculative Fiction and Fantasy, January 2019 – Present.
- Co-Founder/Facilitator, The Writing Group, January 2019 – Present
- In addition to my editing work, I have experience writing academic essays, resumes & cover letters, book reviews, grant proposals, blog posts, news articles, social media posts, ad-copy, YouTube scripts, short fiction, and poetry.
- My writing interests include gender and sexuality, LGBTQ+ identity and experience, science fiction & fantasy, cooking/baking, and worker’s rights. My interests are always expanding and growing!
- Upcoming: “Gender, but to the Left: Nonbinary Identities in Science Fiction and Fantasy.” Sirens Conference, October 2020.
- Shakespearean Performance Working Group. American Society for Theatre Research, November, 2016.
- “The Masque of Queens.” Shakespeare400 at Oxford University, August 2016.
- “(Trans)forming Shakespeare: Transgender Approaches to Contemporary Shakespeare Performance in America and the U.K.” KCL English Postgraduate Student Association Conference, July 2016.
- “The ‘Unmanly’ Prince: The Gendered Self in Shakespeare’s Hamlet.” Ohio Valley Shakespeare Conference, October 2014.
AWARDS & HONORS:
- Vonda N. McIntyre Sentient Squid Scholarship, Writing the Other, 2019
- Aminah Brenda Lynn Robinson Professional Development and Research Grant, Great Columbus Arts Council, 2018
- Jacobson Short Story Award Honorable Mention, The Ohio State University Department of English, 2015
- Experienced use of Microsoft Office Suites, WordPress, Squarespace, and Google Docs
- Understanding of SEO and UX
- Comfortable with Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Adept at Adobe PhotoShop and InDesign
- Familiar with MLA, APA, and Chicago style writing guidelines.